Don’t Make Me Quit You, Jon Stewart.

Jon,

I’m a huge fan of The Daily Show.  It’s pretty much the only thing I watch on television.  My husband tolerates my crush on you because he’s a fan of your show, as well.  You are an intelligent, witty, socially conscious man.  So why do you resort to using the insult “fucktard” like you have numerous times, most recently in the April 29 episode of The Daily Show?   You know as well as anyone that “fucktard” is just another way of saying “retard,” and that’s just not cool.  It’s hate speech – no different than throwing around “nigger” or “faggot.”  I know you wouldn’t use those hate words.  So why “fucktard”?  Why is that okay?  It’s not funny, Jon.  It’s hurtful to a whole sector of the human population – those with intellectual disabilities.  Why would you want to lower yourself to the level of some of the very people you skewer on your show – the elitist, the incompassionate, the uncaring, the racist, the prejudice?  Because that’s what you’re doing when you use hate words like that.  Come on, Jon.  You’re better than that.

Don’t make me quit you.

[actually sent via Comedy Central]

Comments

comments

, , ,

12 Responses to Don’t Make Me Quit You, Jon Stewart.

1. Vonda May 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

Love it!

2. Alison Piepmeier May 3, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

Oh, Lisa, this is so good! Can I just email Comedy Central and say “ditto”?

3. jisun May 3, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

Well put! I’m going to email this as well, it is perfect.

4. bob May 4, 2013 at 7:59 pm #

No, fucktard is not another way to say retard. If he said retard, then you have a case. Fucktard is another way of saying asshole. Don’t be a fucktard and bitch about things you don’t know anything about.

• Lisa May 5, 2013 at 4:08 am #

Hey, bob, I have an idea: why don’t you fuck the fuck off? I do, in fact, know what I’m talking about. Douchebag.

• Lisa May 5, 2013 at 4:11 am #

Here you go, bob: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fucktard

Who’s talking out of their ass now, bob?

• Get a clue May 6, 2013 at 9:38 am #

Please send a friend to comment – we like educate everyone & maybe a non-elitist person of true character will cross your path in person and help us educate someone in your sad world.

Go lisa

5. krissywegmann May 6, 2013 at 4:00 am #

Oh my gosh! I loved your response….it is infuriating when one of the good guys does something like this. I also loved your response to Bob…what a d!

• Lisa May 6, 2013 at 4:06 am #

Thanks, Krissy 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The PsychoJenic Archives | In the News – May 2013 - June 16, 2013

[…] Don’t Make Me Quit You, Jon Stewart. […]

2. Down Syndrome & People First Language « Mardra Sikora Mardra Sikora - October 3, 2013

[…] mean you, Ann Coulter. I mean you Jon Stewart. I mean you, my friend or co-worker or kid down the […]